What, How & Why
My hair is texlaxed but it’s still relaxed hair. I’ve seen this misconception popping up not too long ago but texlaxing my hair still means I’m a relaxed head. Before I continue, let me say that there’s completely nothing unsuitable with enjoyable your hair bone straight! I did it for years. I solely switched to texlaxing (even if I started texlaxing my accident) as a result of I wanted thicker hair. Whether or not texlaxed, bone straight, or even pure, the only thing that matters is that your hair is Healthy. Mhkay, let’s cyber-hug and dive extra into texlaxing.
To texlax your hair means you purposely below course of your hair when relaxing it, thereby retaining extra texture.
There are a few ways to go about texlaxing your hair:
– Use a mild relaxer that you’ll know will beneath process your hair.
– Add oils or conditioner to the relaxer (applicable to each lye and no-lye relaxers) to weaken it.
– For no-lye relaxers: scale back the amount of activator you add, thereby weakening the relaxer’s energy.
– Apply vaseline/petroleum jelly to new growth.
– Restrict the time relaxer is on your hair. For example, if the directions point out that the relaxer must be left on for 15 minutes, shorten that point.
How I texlax my hair:
– I take advantage of a relaxer that with out help, doesn’t relax my hair bone straight. Specifically: Natural Root Stimulator Relaxer (lye) in regular energy. To rapidly reply a “Picking Your Brain” submission, I want lye components because no-lye left my hair limp. I’ve used lye relaxers for years and my hair prefers them.
– I don’t smooth so much and limit application and smoothing to eleven minutes. I calm down my hair in halves to make the process simpler.
– Vaseline on my new progress — I actually stumbled throughout this methodology by accident. When i self-chill out my hair, I exploit Vaseline/common petroleum jelly to base my scalp and I’m very heavy handed so I get Vaseline all over my new development. I realized that coating my new development with the vaseline was contributing to my texlaxed outcomes because it created a barrier between my hair and relaxer, weakening the relaxers straightening results.
How to find out straw curls on short hair what degree of “texlaxed-ness” you need (earlier than your really contact-up/relaxer):
– Take a few shed strands of hair, because I don’t need you pulling out strands which are perfect content to remain connected to your scalp lol, and utilizing any of the methods above, apply relaxer to the new progress on the strands. Play round with how lengthy you leave the relaxer on the hair, smoothing, approach, and so on. until you achieve your desired outcomes.
– Should you bring your own relaxer every time you go, add oil and/or conditioner to the relaxer you deliver with you.
– If you employ the relaxer that is offered by the stylist, coat your hair with oil, conditioner, and/or petroleum jelly earlier than your appointment.
– Request that the stylist shorten the appliance and smoothing time. Hey, it’s your money and your hair, don’t be afraid to request simply what you need.
– For those who already loosen up your hair, to your next touch up, merely try one of the strategies above, as well as determine beforehand how telaxed you’d like your hair to be.
– If you’re pure and want to being chemically course of your hair and obtain texlaxed outcomes:
– The week before: wash and condition your hair as regular and that i also recommend doing a protein treatment to strengthen your hair for your upcoming relaxer.
– During the week: avoid scratching and irritating your scalp.
– The day of your relaxer:
– If you’ve never self-relaxed your hair before, I’d counsel going to a stylist that you’ve researched and/or watched in action. It’s all the time good to know whose seat you’re going to be sitting in because all stylists are not created equal.
– In case you used to self-calm down before you transitioned to natural and feel snug self-stress-free again, use one of the strategies talked about above.
Texlaxing is a great way to attain thicker hair, especially for us high-quality strand ladies. It is because the relaxer is just not processing the hair bone straight. The more the relaxer is allowed to process the hair, the more protein bonds are damaged within the hair shaft; relaxers straighten hair by breaking down these protein bonds. Because less protein bonds are damaged, texlaxed hair retains extra strength than hair that is processed a bit extra.
Do you feel that the usage of a relaxer prohibits your hair in anyway
Not in any respect. If I want to rock large hair, I air dry or do a braid out (however truthfully I haven’t done a braid out in months!). If I need straight hair and/or curls, I can either flat iron or roller set it.
Would you recommend texlaxing for somebody who wants to go natural, however is addicted to straightened hair
That depends on why the individual want to go pure. If they wish to go natural to attain thicker hair however need to doubtlessly keep away from utilizing direct heat often to realize straight kinds, then sure I’d counsel texlaxing.
Aside from that, I think going pure is a private resolution that I try not to provide solutions for to towards. If somebody wants to straw curls on short hair go pure, go for it! Pursue, get hold of, and care for the hair YOU need for no matter reasons that inspire you.