Let’s Face It, We’re DIY Queens!
There is not any denying that Black women have always cared about their edges. From creating intricate styles with our baby hair rocky wig to sustaining them with care, our edges are crucial.
However in 2017, it appeared like Black women had been a bit extra adventurous and inventive when it came to the merchandise they used to help their edges flourish. Let’s face it, we’re DIY queens!
While serums, shampoos and conditioners that stimulate hair growth have been around for a really very long time, this year women skipped the magnificence aisle all collectively. For probably the most half, we found these edgy (no pun intend) hair traits on YouTube and we’ve rounded them up in your viewing pleasure.
Keep scrolling to see these developments and videos yourself.
1. Vicks Vaporub: This year we saw a cold relief product go from the medication cabinet to the magnificence aisle (you can learn the full story here). Many girl tried and swore by the salve as a miracle solution for rising edges and hair.
2. Shaved Edges: Yes, you read that proper! Black girls went rouge and really shaved their edges utterly off this year (you possibly can read the complete story right here), in an try to begin recent. Some ladies, like natural hair vlogger Felicia Mesadieu, took razor to scalp in the identify their edges.
3. Relaxing/Texlaxing: While many Black girls across the globe have embraced their natural kinky and coily texture, there continues to be one factor that they need sleek and straight, their edges, and many naturalistas are enjoyable their edges, they usually’re telling folks that they are.
4. Placenta Remedies: Made up of animal placenta extract, placenta hair treatments are recognized to extend hair follicle growth and decrease hair shedding.
5. Monistat 7: This may be one of many wildest things we saw ladies doing to their edges. Even though it isn’t new, there gave the impression to be a resurgence of Black ladies using ‘coochie cream’ to help develop their hair faster and fuller.