Rising Black Hair To Nice Lengths
My hair story.. in pictures
My journey in pictures from a chin length bob to waist length hair.
Back in University, I used to be constantly coloring, blowdrying and flat ironing my hair. This left my hair perpetually at a chin loose waves hair size bob
After frequent visits to the hair forums and blogs, I determined to attempt to develop my hair out, so I stopped coloring it, cut off the damaged ends and started taking better care of my hair. I began rollersetting instead of blow drying and flat ironing. Stopped utilizing merchandise with petrolatum and mineral oil. Combed and detangled my hair with extreme care. Began co washing, moisturizing and sealing my hair weekly.
6 months after I began my journey
Inside 6 months of starting my journey, I had gone from chin length to shoulder length
Progress pic (April 2010)
Progress pic (April 2011)
In want of a trim
Progress pic (July 2011)
Progress pic (January 2012)
Comparability shot (April 2011 to January 2012)
Similar to when attempting to shed some pounds or achieve any other purpose, it will be significant to watch and track your progress. I made positive to trace my progress. I took photos of my hair month-to-month (I also made monthly replace movies on youtube: my youtube channel). This helped me establish issues on time and make modifications to my regimen to handle them.
My regimen on the time:
– Co wash my hair once every week with natural essence’s hi there hydration shampoo and conditioner (I do not use these any more)
– Seal with Extra virgin coconut oil (I received mine from Well being plus on the palms, Lagos)
– Put on my hair in protecting types more often than not (Weaves, wigs and updos)
– Detangle with excessive care utilizing a large tooth comb and solely after my hair has been properly conditioned and moisturized
– Eat lots of protein (eggs and fish). I did take supplements on and off (solgars hair pores and skin and nails) however I discovered it troublesome to sustain. Additionally, it is suggested that you just get nutrients from food relatively than from supplements so I simply tried to include the nutrients that I wanted into my diet.
– Retouch my roots utilizing motions relaxer as soon as each three months on average. Nevertheless, I did have durations where I stretched my relaxer for as long as 8 months. I don’t recommend this if you aren’t protective styling 99% of the time because of the quantity of breakage you possibly can maintain by merely combing your hair whereas stretching.
– Use jamaican black castor oil (jbco) on my scalp to stimulate progress. (Regardless that I stopped using this after just a few weeks as a result of it precipitated my scalp to itch. Nevertheless, lots of people have had very good results with jbco).
You can watch the video on my hair regimen right here (I’m wearing one in every of my favourite protecting types on this video: a lace wig):
I hope this helps. I can be posting an updated record of merchandise that I take advantage of as I am presently in the method of making some modifications to my regimen so as to assist me handle the dryness and frequent tangling that I’m currently experiencing. I found the hello hydration shampoo to be too harsh. It was leaving my hair stripped and dried out. I’m additionally altering my conditioner as properly to one which has no silicones as these may cause construct up and dry out the hair.
Are there any merchandise that you’ve got used and would advocate Or any merchandise that you just heard good evaluations about Let me know within the feedback below..