Rising Black Hair To Nice Lengths
My hair story.. in footage
My journey in photos from a chin size bob to waist length hair.
Back in College, I used to be constantly coloring, blowdrying and flat ironing my hair. This left my hair perpetually at a chin size bob
After frequent visits to the hair forums and blogs, I decided to attempt to develop my hair out, so I stopped coloring it, reduce off the broken ends and started taking better care of my hair. I started rollersetting instead of blow drying and flat ironing. Stopped utilizing products with petrolatum and mineral oil. Combed and detangled my hair with extreme care. Began co washing, moisturizing and sealing my hair weekly.
6 months after I began my journey
Inside 6 months of beginning my journey, I had gone from chin length to shoulder length
Progress pic (April 2010)
Progress pic (April 2011)
In want of a trim
Progress pic (July 2011)
Progress pic (January 2012)
Comparability shot (April 2011 to January 2012)
Similar to when attempting to shed weight or obtain any other objective, it will be important to monitor and track your progress. I made hairdo golden wheat positive to track my progress. I took footage of my hair month-to-month (I additionally made month-to-month update movies on youtube: my youtube channel). This helped me determine issues on time and make modifications to my regimen to address them.
My regimen on the time:
– Co wash my hair once per week with natural essence’s whats up hydration shampoo and conditioner (I do not use these any extra)
– Seal with Further virgin coconut oil (I got mine from Well being plus at the palms, Lagos)
– Wear my hair in protective kinds more often than not (Weaves, wigs and updos)
– Detangle with excessive care utilizing a wide tooth comb and only after my hair has been well conditioned and moisturized
– Eat plenty of protein (eggs and fish). I did take supplements on and off (solgars hair pores and skin and nails) however I found it tough to sustain. Additionally, it is suggested that you get nutrients from food relatively than from supplements so I simply tried to incorporate the nutrients that I wanted into my food hairdo golden wheat plan.
– Retouch my roots using motions relaxer as soon as each three months on common. Nevertheless, I did have periods the place I stretched my relaxer for so long as eight months. I don’t suggest this if you aren’t protecting styling 99% of the time due to the amount of breakage you may sustain by merely combing your hair whereas stretching.
– Use jamaican black castor oil (jbco) on my scalp to stimulate growth. (Even though I stopped using this after a few weeks as a result of it prompted my scalp to itch. Nevertheless, heaps of individuals have had superb outcomes with jbco).
You’ll be able to watch the video on my hair regimen here (I’m wearing one among my favourite protective types in this video: a lace wig):
I hope this helps. I might be posting an up to date listing of merchandise that I exploit as I’m currently in the method of creating some changes to my regimen so as to help me tackle the dryness and frequent tangling that I’m presently experiencing. I found the hello hydration shampoo to be too harsh. It was leaving my hair stripped and dried out. I am additionally changing my conditioner as properly to one which has no silicones as these can cause build up and dry out the hair.
Are there any merchandise that you’ve got used and would advocate Or any products that you simply heard good reviews about Let me know in the feedback under..