Dyeing Fake Fur
Fake fur, mine is white. Bought it a couple of years back in Chinatown, just to line a collar, so you can see the extreme wastage of fur I have.
2. Acrylic ink of the colour of choice, if you can’t discover the exact colour you need, just get the first to mix the colour
3. Ethanol or rubbing alcohol. Now being a practising artist, I’ve precise ethanol in my possession from Straights Business at North Bridge Street, Bugis area behind the National Library. Nevertheless, I highly doubt that most others who will use this tutorial will really want such a quantity, so rubbing alcohol from Guardian or Watsons at SGD 5 one thing or so a bottle could be nice.
4. A spray bottler
6. Steel toothed hair brush
As you may from the list of materials, the method is impressed from the same old artificial wig dyeing method. This principally works the same however with some minor changes
1. Relying on the dimensions of the fur you want to dye, the next components, must be adjusted. My pieces are about (15 cm by 10 cm)x2. Put into the bottle, about one shot glass price of ethanol or 1/three of a bottle of rubbing alcohol, along with half that quantity of water and about three to four table spoons of ink. We need a lot more ink, if we wish a quick and heavy colour to be applied to the fur.
2. Comb the fur into the alternative direction you which ones for it to be and begin spraying. You can choose to attend, or you can simply use your fingers and comb the fur back into the path that you want for it to follow and spray. Make sure you spray it evenly
3. Depart the newly coloured piece of fur onto newspaper to dry over night time. Now the fur will probably be kinda tangled from the dye therapy but do not fuss with it till it is dry.
4. After its dry just comb the fur within the direction you wish the follicles to face. After combing you may find that there area still white areas, just french fishtail braid hairstyles spray the color again into the white areas, go away to dry.
Step four didn’t need to be repeated when i did it but, if you feel you have to, just repeating step 4 until you’re satisfied. The fur will rougher from the dye job nevertheless it didn’t trouble me. So, in case you are one for fime fur, just keep reapeating step four and you’re executed.